This is mine and Luke’s second snow shoot, so we came massively OVER PREPARED for a very brief stint in the snow. We wanted to share our pro- tips on how to get the Perfect Couple Snow photos in 5 easy steps. So here we go:
SHOP MY LOOK:
1. DRESS FOR THE COLD: This may seem like a pretty logical first step, but you’d be surprised. If you picture a pretty, summery dress as a contrast for the snow, you may be surprised to find out how quickly you become miserable without some cozy layers overtop or at least hidden underneath.
SHOP HIS LOOK:
2. Select some inspiration “poses” and shots beforehand, so that when you get there you can quickly check them off your list. I’ve found this handy on a lot of shoots, but when you’re playing against the elements like rain and snow, you want to be sure and plan as efficiently as possible.
3. Go ahead and bring props or look for nearby spots that can work into your snowy backdrop as well. This will give you some versatility and options in case it begins to blizzard or rain on you, as it did us during this shoot!
4. Interact and play as much as possible: This is KEY for almost any shoot, ever! This is what Luke and I try and balance best for my blog, because even we are stressed leading up to a shoot, we want to have genuine smiles and be able to capture genuine moments in those 15-30 minutes of shoot time.
5. Change up your poses and agree beforehand to move with one another. This is key for those spontaneous captures and more of a lifestyle vibe. This is our personal favorite, so we will often bookmark new shots on pinterest that offer ideas for new, playful poses. We love to be close, hands on one another and my particular favorite- lots of hair whips! 😉
What do you think about our snow shoot? If you have any great tips you’d like to share below, please shoot me your ideas and thoughts that you find most helpful for a shoot in the in the snow! Thanks and God Bless!