This summer’s vacation felt more important than ever, with the pressures of quarantine-life having taken their toll and all of us needing a bit of break. What’s a more peaceful retreat than a trip to the Oregon Coast? This year, our friends over at Best Western hosted us at their Agate Beach Inn in Newport Bay. We booked an adjoining room so that we could spread out and enjoy our downtime, which I highly recommend for mid-to-large sized families.
The kids were ENAMORED with the Best Western Plus experience, that they dubbed “fancy” from the hotel lobby, to the ocean-front views. These elevated features, plus the onsite dining at the Sea Glass Bistro (beautiful outdoor seating) and all-around excellent service makes this one of my favorite hotels on the Oregon Coast as well.
During the Oregon Coast re-opening, a lot of shops and restaurants began to open up and we enjoyed our time on the docks watching the sea lions. If you visit during a cold, or rainy day and want to cozy up with a view, be sure to visit Clearwater Restaurant for a family-friendly dining experience that overlooks the docks and gives you a beautiful view of the bay.
Perhaps our favorite part of this trip, were the long beach days. The Agate Beach Inn sits right above the dunes and ocean, so you can walk straight from your room down to the beach in minutes. NOTE: The dunes require a deceptively rigorous effort to cross, so keep this in mind when deciding what to lug across them in search of your beach spot!
THINGS TO DO:
- Hit the Beach for the day. Agate Beach, with their beautiful, rolling dunes are in your own backyard at the Agate Beach Inn.
- Head to downtown Newport. Walk the piers and check out the seals and sea lions for a free wild-life experience.
- Stop by Yaquina Head Lighthouse & Interpretive Center for a bit of coastal history.
- Visit Ripley’s Believe it or Not– worth at least one visit with the kids!
- Dine at one of the local favorite’s like Georgie’s Beachside Grill or Clearwater.
*This post was created in partnership with Best Western Plus and reflects all final thoughts and opinions of my own.